FRS Robotics is looking solely for candidates living in Belgium or its neighboring countries. Besides specific job-related requirements, speaking English is essential and speaking Flemish is an asset.
FRS is a team of passionate engineers and seeks to solve challenging problems in robotics involving sensor processing, motion control, and motion planning. We've worked for Audi, Engie, Friesland Campina, Atlas Copco, VCST. Audi's Project Robotic Ultrasonic Quality Control www.frsrobotics.com video on homepage is a great example.
We are roboticists that possess the programming skills, tools, and infrastructure to take technologies explored in research applications to hardened, deployed products. We leverage on our strong mechanical and software engineering fundamentals.
At FRS Robotics, we're looking to add talented individuals to our team. If you're looking to join a small team of passionate engineers, looking for a fun, engaging and technically challenging environment, then FRS is the place for you.
The type of tasks on an average day will vary depending on the currently active project, but you can look forward to:
- developing communication protocols between different hardware systems
- composing hardware drivers and front-ends
- creating and maintaining human-machine interfaces
- refactoring and unit testing
- with additional opportunities to learn about robotics, real-time control, path planning and optimization depending on your interests.
On our side, we look for applicants who:
- are solid software engineers and experienced C++ programmers
- are comfortable working in a Linux environment
- possess solid communication skills, are comfortable joining in on a passionate technical discussion, love working in teams, and are fun to be around.
- have a BS in a software related field.
- are fluent in English or Dutch
- expertise in any of the following areas is a bonus but not required:
- C++, Python, Lua, C, Java
- real-time control
- programming of GUIs
- ROS toolchain
- version control software (e.g. Git)
- Motivation letter
- Downloadable code sample(s) with (basic) documentation
Append your Application Materials and links to any projects you'd like us to take a look at to your motvation letter.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The FRS team, Kapeldreef 60, 3001 Heverlee
Submit your CV and motivation letter below, referring to the position Junior Software Engineer