FRS Robotics is looking solely for candidates living in Belgium or its neighboring countries. Besides specific job-related requirements, speaking English is essential and speaking Flemish is an asset.
FRS is a team of passionate engineers and seeks to solve challenging problems in robotics involving sensor processing, motion control, and motion planning. We've worked for Audi, Engie, Friesland Campina, Atlas Copco, VCST. Audi's Project Robotic Ultrasonic Quality Control www.frsrobotics.com video on homepage is a great example.
We are roboticists that possess the programming skills, tools, and infrastructure to take technologies explored in research applications to hardened, deployed products. We leverage on our strong mechanical and software engineering fundamentals.
At FRS Robotics, we're looking to add talented individuals to our team. If you're looking to join a small team of passionate engineers, looking for a fun, engaging and technically challenging environment, then FRS is the place for you. You will be coordinating with researchers to develop the state-of-the-art into software tools to support designing, developing, testing, and integration of robotic systems.
The type of tasks on an average day will vary depending on the currently active project, but you can look forward to:
- • developing communication protocols between different hardware systems
- • composing hardware drivers and front-ends
- • designing software structures for quick and robust deployment
- • measurement data parsing and processing
- • creating and maintaining human-machine interfaces
- • refactoring and unit testing
with additional opportunities to learn about robotics, real-time control, path planning and optimization depending on your interests.
On our side, we look for applicants who:
- are solid software engineers and experienced programmers (C++ preferably)
- are comfortable working in a Linux environment
- possess solid communication skills, are comfortable joining in on a passionate technical discussion, love working in teams, and are fun to be around.
- have a MS or PhD in a software and/or robotics related field.
- are fluent in English or Dutch
- expertise in any of the following areas is a bonus but not required:
- C++, Python, Lua, C, Java
- real-time control
- planar robot path planning
- robot arm motion planning
- machine learning
- programming of GUIs
- parallel computing
- ROS toolchain
- version control software (e.g. Git)
- Motivation letter
- Downloadable code sample(s) with (basic) documentation
Append your Application Materials and links to any projects you'd like us to take a look at to your motivation letter.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The FRS team, Kapeldreef 60, 3001 Heverlee
Submit your CV and motivation letter below, referring to the position Software Engineer